OUR PATRON - SAINT JOSEPH
St. Joseph’s Degree & PG College owes its genesis, progress & purpose to its patron - St. Joseph who is a role model for all the staff and students to develop and strengthen character and to inculcate the values of KNOWLEDGE, LOVE AND SERVICE.
The Insignia symbolizes KNOWLEDGE, LOVE and SERVICE which is the Motto of St. Joseph’s college that we practice to internalize the vision each day through every activity of our college.
The Book signifies Imparting Knowledge which enhances the intellectual capacity to achieve Academic Excellence.
The Lamp signifies dispelling of darkness and awakens Josephites to the omniscience of God to lead a successful home and society.
The Lily signifies love ennobling Josephites to treat all equally and value Indian culture and traditions.
The Path Finder’s define the unidirectional upward growth of Josephites towards professional success upholding the virtues of Knowledge, Love and Service.
THEME OF THE YEAR 2017 – 2018
ACHIEVING GREATER HEIGHTS Through 3P’s – Planning, Partnering and Performing
"The illiterate of this century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." -Alvin Toffler
Emerging unarticulated needs and realities need a new approach both in terms of thought as well as action to develop excellent human resources with leadership qualities, ethical and moral values, research culture and innovative skills of global standards.
The theme aims at achieving a benchmark in the field of higher education by breaking traditional moulds and bringing originality and advancement to broaden the canvas of innovation for the welfare of the society
- PLANNING: Translating Institutional Vision into the theme of the year for Department to enable to plan towards achieving excellence by enhancing curriculum, teaching-learning & evaluation and promoting scientific temperament among staff and students.
- PARTNERING: Purpose driven collaborations with reputed INSTITUTIONS and INDUSTRY to achieve Global Excellence in skill, aptitude and attitude.
- PERFORMING: Self-evolvement by engaging in bettering our Systems & Results, Standard of Quality & Discipline, Skills & Placements and Ratings and Rankings.
- Admission to all Christian and first generation students from marginalized society
- Discipline - Hallmark of the College
- Insistence on Formal Dress and ID
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell with the support of NEN
- Good support services & facilities for students
- Women Empowerment Cell
- Excellent Infrastructure with safety measures and facilities for differently abled students
- The use of modern teaching-learning practices with ICT
- Unit planners for academics at the beginning of the year
- Continuous & Comprehensive evaluation
- Regular staff meetings for quality enhancement
- Encouragement to meritorious students by cash awards and momentos
- Counseling, remedial, tutorial, mentoring & career guidance in Curriculum
- Regular interaaction with the parents on student's holistic development
- Excellent placement assistance
- Periodic feedback from students and review mechanism for faculty
- Professional competency of teacher upgradation
- Josephites Service Society (JSS), Red Cross & NSS activities in community building