Student Activities ~ Science Club
|Date||:||19th July 2016|
|Name of Activity||:||Word Search|
|Target Group||:||II IB.Sc (MECs/MPCs)|
purpose: Science Club strives to enrich scientific knowledge and curiosity through an adventurous and challenging curriculum that develops students of character, responsibility, and consciousness ready for challenges in the 21st century.
- Enlightened about objectives of Science Club
- Activities of Science Club.
- Introduced and given ideas about 2016-17 innovative activity that is short film or slider player about E –Waste.
- Played Word Search Game in Physics
Programme: Science Club Activity
|Name of Activity||:||Awareness programme on E Wastage management|
purpose: Science Club strives to enrich scientific knowledge and curiosity through an adventurous and challenging curriculum that develops students of character, responsibility, and consciousness ready for challenges in the 21st century.Details:
- Presentation and interaction regarding e -waste by HoD for students of 3 year and 1st year.
- Students prepared and presented about e waste by using videos and power point presentations.
Happy 137th Birthday Albert Einstein-Department Celebration
Pi Day Celebrations
|Name of Activity||:||Class Room Presentation on” Life of Einstein & His Contributions to Society”|
1. Mr P .Ravi Raja ---III/VI SEM B.Sc (MPCs)
|Target Group||III Phy & Elec students.|
Department and students kicked off the March 14th Pi Day event, which commemorate Albert Einstein's birthday through activities.
REPORT ON IQ Test
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics conducted a Quiz competition “IQ TEST” on 1st October 2015. The Event garnered a massive response and 102 students in 34 teams from various streams participated in this event. The Quiz competition was conducted in two rounds. A written test was conducted for 30 minutes consisting of 25 questions in the first round. 6 teams were selected out of 34 teams for the second round. The second final round was conducted to all the six final teams through seven rounds.
- General round consisting of one question to each team.
- Logic round consisting of three questions to each team.
- A Collage of nine pictures was given to each team
- Read out the colour round consisting of two questions to each team
- Guess Me round consisting of two questions to each team
- Just a minute round with one question to each team
- Rapid Round consisting of three questions to each team
All the questions of the written as well as final round were a measure of analytical reasoning ability which tested several factors of intelligence, namely logical reasoning, creativity, keen observation, lateral thinking and general knowledge and also ability to classify things according to various attributes.
The Prize Distribution Ceremony took place immediately after the quiz program. Principal Rev. Fr. Vincent Arokiadas congratulated the winners and distributed the prizes for the winners.
- A Cash prize of Rs.1000 and a memento to each student was given to the Winners - GRATUS, NILESH, AKASH
- A cash prize of Rs.600 and a memento to each participant was given to the 1st Runners- PRATHYUSHA, SRAVANI, VAISHNAVI
- A cash prize of Rs.400 and a memento to each participant was given to the 2nd Runners – PRABHU KUMAR, YASH RAJ, MONISH
JEOPARDY – Interactive quiz show
Date: 5th October 2012
Topics selected for this quiz show were science & technology, Computers,Internet,General topics. Mr. M.L.N. Rao from dept. of science, deveoped a small application to make this activity much more technology-freindly in which students enthusiastically participated in the quiz show.
CROSSWORD PUZZLES - COMPUTER BASICS
Date : 30th August 2011
The Science club adopted a novel way of exploring Computer Basics through a maze of crossword puzzle.
“Recapitulated 40th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission Landing on the moon”
Date : 1st August 2009
Department conducted events like poster /Models Presentation and power point presentations . Students of I B.Sc & II B.Sc(MPCs) exhibited posters on Milky Way, Universe, Black holes, Apollo 11 Mission etc., and also students presented PPTs on similar topics. Dr. Malla Reddy ,Director of PG Studies And Prof. Moses were the Guests on this occasion.
Science Club Activities
|1||Students Seminar on Current Trends in Technology||20.01.2017||All B.Sc Physics & Electronics students|
|2||Word Search||19-07- 2016||IB.Sc (MECs/MPCs) Students|
|3||Awareness programme on E Wastage management||20-08-2016||B. Sc (MECs/MPCs) I, II & III year Students|
|4||Circuit & Execute||17-12-2016||Open for all|
|5||PPT presentation on “Economy Vs Technology”||17-12-2016||Open for All|
|6||Pencil Art||17-12-2016||Open for all|
|7||Poster making,||28-02-2016||B. Sc (MPCs & MECs) Students|
|8||computerized Quiz program||28-02-2016||B. Sc (MPCs & MECs) Students|
|9||Power point presentations on Noble laureates of India in science and literature.||29-02-2016||B. Sc (MPCs & MECs) Students|
|10||Albert Einstein’s 137th Birthday - Pi Day Celebrations||16/3/16||B. Sc(MPCs & MECs) III Year Students|
|11||Physics - Scrambled Words||30-09-2013||B. Sc(MPCs) III year students|
|12||Jeopardy – Interactive quiz show||5-10-12||B.Sc(I/II/III)-Phy &Ele students|